Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I just started a new project and wanted to get going with a Conceputal Mass. So I loaded the standard template and drew a line.



But wait! This is in meters while my "normal" drawings are in milimeters!

OK, I can sort of understand that, because this editor is meant to be used for first sketches. But I am so used to typing everything in mm that I created quite a few lines with a length of 10,000 meters before realizing my mistake.

Solution? Change the units and create a new template to use.

To change the units, go to Manage > Project Units, change the Length-setting to mm.




Testing...

 OK, that did the trick.

Now save as a Template:

Wait! What? I can't? Hmm.

Well, maybe this solution will work here as well. Save the new "template" as a regular Family. Using the Windows-Explorer go to the map you saved the file and change the ending to .rvt (=ReVit Template)


You can then move this file to the map with your templates (the standard for Revit 2010 under Vista is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2010\Metric Templates\Conceptual Mass) and you now have to option of either working in meters or milimeters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment