Friday, January 29, 2010

"Stairs require no more than two boundaries" Anyone seen this before? Yes?

I get this almost every time I try to make a stair that is not 100% straight and has more than one run.

As an example I was trying to make this stair:


So I went ahead and created 3 runs. Note the way the boundaries are not really what I want:
 

So I tried:
  • moving the boundaries one by one: error
  • deleting the ones that are wrong and redrawing them: error
  • deleting all boundaries and drawing them by hand: error
What  finally worked was tab-selecting the entire boundary-line and moving the handle.
 

The issue with this is af course that it makes it impossible to make rounded boundaries, but at least I got this stair done.

Now if I could only make Revit create a monolithic stair like this.

2 Comments:

  1. how to ollie said...
    Excellent post and writing style. Bookmarked.
    Anonymous said...
    you are amazing!

Post a Comment