Friday, August 27, 2010

Since I like to work with Revit on my laptop, I was highly irritated when Autodesk decieded to switch to an online-help-only model. It meant that I had to be online to get the "help" (for the times that the Revit-help was actually helpful - not very often).

It seems I am not the only person with this issue and so Autodesk published an article on how to change the online-help to a local help-file. See the article here.

It basically boils down to adding three lines to the Revit.ini file.

[Documentation]
UseHelpServer=1
HelpBrowser=0
Simple as that.

On a personal note: This is my 100th post. Happy Birthday to me!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Great tip!
    I am used to the local help from the previous version of Revit and it does bug me with the online help file in 2011.
    Will definitely try it.

    Philip Chan

Post a Comment