Tuesday, September 15, 2009

For a project we needed a way to add optional walls into our drawing.

This is what we came up with:

How? Well, we used the phasing feature of Revit, where you can determine at what point in time a part of the building is constructed and/or demolished.

Ribbon > Modify > Phasing:

In the Project Phases tab I added a point in time "optional" before the actual construction time.

In the Graphic Override tab I changed the view-overrides of Existing to the dashed lines I wanted. (And for explanatory purposes I also set the Demolished lines to the same pattern)

I then went to the Instance Properties of the walls in question and set the Phase Created to "Optional".

You can then set the Phase Demolished either to "None" or to your construction time, with the following results:
The connection with the other walls is better when the wall is not demolished.
But on the other hand, rooms are cut off by this wall.

There may be other ways of doing all this, but for us, this provided the quickest and cleanest solution to the problem.

4 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    "Thanks for your information.1DayWall Specializes in maximizing living and office space by providing temporary pressurized walls and bookcase dividers that convert one room into two.

    temporary walls
    Saqib Khatri said...
    I use my experience to show any and everything around you can be used in design. temporary partitions
    James E Lutz said...
    It is a pretty good post. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I visit your website often and share with my friends.office furniture for sale Miami
    infotech Zone 93 said...

Post a Comment